- The terms and conditions below apply to all coaching and mentoring services provided by Inspire Coaching Ltd, t/a Inspire To Evolve (“INSPIRE”) to any individual or organisation (“the client”) and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by Inspire for the client. The term ‘coaching’ as here used covers life coaching, personal coaching, executive coaching and business coaching for clients and where applicable includes mentoring or supervision services provided for clients, coaches or others.
- Coaching is not psychological counselling or any type of therapy, and should not be construed as such.
- In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), INSPIRE agrees to provide the service as described below and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
- The date that the first coaching session takes place shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Participation by any individual in the first coaching session constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. The client will be required to sign a contract with INSPIRE at the commencement of coaching.
Responsibility & Commitment
- INSPIRE will seek to enable the client to set and achieve goals that will help to bring about desired outcomes for the client. The client has sole responsibility for any decisions they may make following coaching with INSPIRE. INSPIRE accepts no liability for the client’s actions. INSPIRE has no liability for any loss incurred by any client, whether financial or otherwise, following commencement of coaching sessions, or for any perceived failure by the client, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve a material improvement in quality of life or to achieve their desired outcomes or goals.
- The client will be required to complete a ‘Commitment to Coaching’ form at the commencement of coaching; the client will be asked if they are ready to take action to make the necessary changes.
- Personal information or business information supplied to INSPIRE by the client in coaching sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save where required by law.
- INSPIRE and the client will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement at commencement of coaching. INSPIRE will respect the client’s privacy and seek written permission before disclosing they are a client.
- INSPIRE requires that the client provide an emergency contact name and telephone number, to be used only in the event of an emergency, such as sudden illness or accident.
- All documentation and information relating to the client will be held according to the New
Zealand Privacy Act.
Clarity & Style
- INSPIRE will discuss with the client their preferred style of coaching. The client has the right to talk openly and candidly with their coach, and the client is encouraged to discuss any concerns they have with INSPIRE on any area of the coaching process. INSPIRE welcomes openness and honesty.
- Feedback about the service is welcomed and can be given during a coaching session or by writing to Inspire Coaching Ltd, PO Box 230152, Botany, 2163, Auckand, New Zealand or via email to email@example.com
- INSPIRE is continually striving to ensure the standard of service it provides to its clients remains outstanding. At the end of the coaching process, or series of coaching sessions, the client will be asked to complete a feedback form.
- The coaching schedule will be arranged between INSPIRE and the client and can be booked up to 6 months in advance. INSPIRE will recommend the frequency of coaching sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted throughout the coaching journey by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement.
- The number of coaching session will be agreed at the start of coaching between INSPIRE and the client, and confirmed by INSPIRE by email or written correspondence. Where no specific number is agreed sessions will be provided on a session by session basis.
Due to the nature of coaching, the initial term usually recommended is four sessions. Full payment is due before or at the first session. Additional sessions can be booked thereafter.
- The length of each session is usually 1 hour but can be agreed between INSPIRE and the client at the commencement of the session.
- Coaching will take place between the client and their coach via Skype (client calls coach), or by telephone (client calls coach). Unless otherwise agreed, the client is responsible for telephoning INSPIRE at agreed times. Face-to-face coaching can be done on request. Where face-to-face coaching has been agreed to, it will be at a mutually agreed venue. The client will be liable for any costs incurred by INSPIRE at that time for travel and the cost for venue, if applicable.
- INSPIRE may assign the client tasks or exercises to complete between coaching sessions. There is no obligation on the client to complete these tasks, but not doing so may slow the client’s progress in gaining improved quality of life or achieving desired business or personal outcomes. Where possible, clients are requested to submit any information requested by INSPIRE relating to assignments at least 24 hours before the coaching session when they are to be discussed. INSPIRE will provide feedback on completed assignments during coaching sessions.
- The client may contact INSPIRE by phone or email between sessions to share a success or seek clarification on a coaching issue. Support between sessions is seen by INSPIRE as a necessary part of the coaching process. INSPIRE will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge, and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
Cancellation & Rearranging Sessions
- If the client needs to rearrange a coaching session, they should provide at least 48 hours’ notice. No refunds will be given to clients for unused coaching sessions unless 48 hours’ notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances INSPIRE may need to rearrange a coaching session; in these circumstances INSPIRE will use reasonable endeavours to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment for the client.
- Where a client pays for a session, or sessions, in advance they must have the coaching session(s) that they have paid for within 6 months of the payment, or their fee is forfeited.
- The client may terminate their coaching contract at any time in writing. Any monies owed at the time of cancellation will become due immediately. Refunds on payments made against future sessions will be at the discretion of INSPIRE.
- In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or unavailability due to bereavement or other commitments, inappropriate behaviour by the client, actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, INSPIRE can decide to terminate the service to the client early or refuse or be unable to provide further coaching sessions to the client. In such a circumstance the client will be given reasonable notice of termination by INSPIRE where practicable, and will be refunded any advance payments made for coaching sessions not yet provided.
- There may be occasions when INSPIRE may recommend to the client that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event INSPIRE will fully discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the client. It is the client’s sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the recommendation and INSPIRE does not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the client chooses to make.